From Port City Makerspace
Machine: Fireball V90
- Stepper Motors: 200 steps/rev
- Resolution: 0.0005”
- Leadscrews: 10 threads/in
- Spindle: Flex Shaft Grinder
- Optional: Makita Trim Router
- CNC Control Software: Mach3
- CAM Program available: F-Engrave, CamBam
- Reorganize bottom of cart to have drawers for bits and some shelves for materials.
- Case to contain dust
- Auto-leveling system
- Add sensors to detect position
- Add sensor to detect tool depth? (or use a gauge from machine shop)
- Build control box
- Coolant dispenser
- Vacuum attachment and boot
- Examine machine. Clean off bearings if dirty. Vacuum up excessive wood particles. If keyboard is dusty please blow it out with air nozzle.
- Plug in power strip
- Turn on power strip
- Turn on computer
- Open Mach3 program on desktop to operate machine controls
- Click the “Ref Home” button to set the machine home
- Open a Gcode program
- Move the machine's axes to the desired start point on your material. Pay attention to where in the program your machine will start.
- Make sure your material is aligned and clamp it or tape it in place, making sure not to put anything in the path of the gantry
- Hit the “Zero” button for each axis to set the start point of the program to the machine's current position.
- The machine is now ready to cut