Difference between revisions of "Bridgeport Knee Mill"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Latest revision as of 11:44, 21 January 2020
Guides and Manuals
- Bridgeport Mill Parts (A)
- Bridgeport Mill Parts (B)
- How to square the Bridgeport head with the table
- (Playlist) Videos on the mill by Tubalcain/mrpete222
General Tips and Safety
- Wear safety glasses! Chips that come off are hot, and if your whole part comes off it will not be pretty.
- If you need a sharp endmill, you should have your own set. Our tools are shared use and are not always the sharpest.
- Clean and oil the machine's ways and surfaces when you are done
- DO NOT USED COMPRESSED AIR TO CLEAN
- DO NOT USE WATER AS A COOLANT. Water will rust the precision metal surfaces, making them not precision anymore. Use a rust-preventing additive like Kool Mist.
About our machine
- Speed settings are half of what they say
- The collet pin in the spindle is gone
- Making Tee Nuts on the Bridgeport
- (Playlist) Project videos using the mill/lathe by This Old Tony
- (Playlist) Working with a Milling Machine - 4 parts
- Shars 45 degree 2" x 3/4" Face mill
- Screws - Torx Flathead M5-12mm for inserts
- Inserts - SEKT 1204 AFTN - FM33
- Bridgeport Lower Head Adjustments
- How to change timing belt
- Replacing a Bridgeport mill collet alignment pin
- Bridgeport refrubishment project - teardown of the brake and clutch unit, the vee belt unit, and the back gear transmission unit
- Removing a Spindle on a Bridgeport Head
- - - - - -
List of Tools - Category:Tool
- - - - - -
Slack - member chat