MM: August 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Members Meeting Agenda and Notes - August 2nd 2016
Social Time @5:00pm
Call to Order @6:00pm
Attendance and Introductions
News and Announcements
- Dover Mini Maker Faire this month! Saturday 27th
- Anniversary Party coming soon after!
- Maker Village update: Permit to do electric approved (imminently)!
- New equipment: Serger sewing machine, potter's wheel, batch of woodworking tools including a Ryobi portable tool station
- Dover Mini Maker Faire: ideas for presentations, demos. Also, spread the word!
- Anniversary Party: coming up in 2-3 months, looking for fun ideas, project/skill demos
- Laser Cutter fundraiser: contribute today! tell your friends! www.portcitymakerspace.com/donate/help-us-get-a-laser-cutter/
Attendees: Jeff G, Alex N, Wayne M, Bryant, Avi, Steve P.
Dover Mini Maker Faire
- Discussed other possible large board games, besides giant jenga and its variations
- Connect 4 using frisbees
- Giant checkers, seemed to be popular due to its ease of setup, kids can jump on it,
- Chris Ziobrowski suggested to have a Master Plan and a Fundraising campaign.
- Wayne is on board for helping with that when a meeting is planned
- Date to be set
- Wayne can be there with a few hands-on activities for kids
- Jeff suggested bringing the cider press again this year, but apples might be hard to acquire
Laser Cutter Fundraiser
- Still accepting donations via our website donation page
- MakeIt Labs has a couple laser cutters
- Wayne mentioned setting up interviews for members. Can schedule a day and get people to sign up for half hour sessions where they show off a project they're working on
- Discussion about the fundraising/marketing committee on the board of directors. Anyone with potential donors or connections should get in touch with them (Jeff, Steve, Todd)