If anything on this list is something you are interested in helping with, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any day tasks:
- Give tours and info about the makerspace to new-comers.
- Answer phone calls and providing accurate info, writing down notes, refer to website
- Organize tools, materials, and untidy areas
- Sweep and Vacuum [Electronics Lab, Classroom, Woodshop, Metal Shop, Auto Bay, Warehouse]
- Clean tables, chairs, shelves, and anything that has dust/dirt on it.
- Use the Volunteer Log after doing something.
- Empty a full trash can and replace with an empty bag. Trash goes outside by the red chimney. New bags are near the bathroom.
- Every Sunday: Take all trash and recycling out to the curb.
- Update whiteboard calendars. Done at the beginning of the month.
- Winter outdoor cleaning: shoveling, ice-breaking, salting.
- Spring/Summer outdoor cleaning: gardening, weed-whacking, mowing.
- Sweep and mop the floor in one of the shops. Best time to do it is a quiet day.
- Brush and vacuum the walls in the woodshop.
- Social media posts about makerspace events, member features, project photos.
- Repair equipment. Please consult the manager or shop manager before doing.
- Help with a construction/deconstruction project.
- Manage and organize a shop improvement project.
This is our ever growing list of tasks that we need help with. Tasks range from simple things that anyone can help with to skilled work that we need done.
Volunteer Task List - The full list of special tasks.
A few highlights as of December 2018:
- Make a new pin for the metal shop vise 1.5" by .35" diameter
- Mount "Entrance on Morning St" sign to the front parking lot sign
- Paint wood shop walls
- Clean walls in Classroom for painting
- Build dust shroud for miter saw
- Add balusters or plywood to stair sides
- Add drywall to the CNC Room
- Assist adding dryawll to upper part of Wood Shop walls
- Install Digital Read Out on the southbend lathe
- Hang welding curtains on Machine Shop side of Metal Shop
- Set up standard cleaning stations in the shops
- Clean garage doors in Classroom, Auto Bay, and Electronics Lab