A Community Shop in Downtown PortsmouthThe ultimate playground for those who tinker, design, build, fabricate, prototype, make and machine
Welcome to Port City Makerspace, the co-op shop for Portsmouth New Hampshire!
Port City Makerspace is a welcoming and inclusive community workshop that provides tools, knowledge, and a collaborative culture to encourage the artist and maker in everyone. We are organized and operated as a New Hampshire 501(C)(3) Non-profit Organization. In this environment members work both independently and collaboratively to research ideas, develop projects and put their heads and hands to good use.
We have shop spaces dedicated to wood-working, metal-working, automotive and bicycles, electronics and 3D printing, and a classroom space which can be used for many more types of projects. Anyone can become a member regardless of experience! There are lots of reasons that you need tools in your life, and we are willing to help in any way we can.
Five easy ways you can join us:
1. Attend a class! Learn a new skill and get a feel for what its like working in the shop.
2. Come to a free event and meet other makers! We host Open Hack Nights every Friday from 6-8pm.
3. Become a monthly Port City Maker! Get access and start working on projects.
4. Sign up for 24/7 Maker’s Guild membership! Use the space any time and become a regular.
5. Once you love the place, sign up for a year and save 10%!
Looking to support our mission?
Want to get started on a project at the makerspace?
Tuesday – Friday: 12pm-8pm
How to find us
68 Morning Street Portsmouth, NH 03801
From the traffic circle:
Take the exit at the Holiday Inn
Go right onto Woodbury Ave
Go right on Morning St right after the bend
Follow it down to the parking lot in the back of the building!
Go south down Islington St towards Route 33
Take a right at the light by CVS
Take the left down the road by Black Sheep
Look for the big parking lot and the Open flag!
Port City Makerspace
Reach out to us if you have any questions or want help getting started!